Why People Choose Us?
At IIHCP, we understand that you have so many things to consider when deciding for the best care option for you or your senior loved ones. That is why we offer an all-inclusive type of care that promotes independence, dignity, and pride and allows you and your loved ones to live independently at home and in the community surrounded by friends and family. We are a local plan that cares. Healthier You, Healthier Community.
Qualifying for Medicare is a major step in your healthcare. Here is some important information you’ll need for you or your loved ones, no matter where you are in the Medicare journey.
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for:
- People who are 65 or older
- Certain younger people with disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD)
Vaccines & Testing
We’re here to help with any questions you have about the COVID-19 vaccine or testing.
Find out about COVID-19 vaccination including who where you can get your vaccine, costs, new developments, and more. One of the most important tools to help stop the COVID-19 pandemic is a safe and effective vaccine.
Things you should know about the vaccine:
- As an IIHCP member, you will have no out-of-pocket costs; the vaccine is fully covered for you.
- Go to the CDC website for guidelines and more information about the vaccine
- You will need to continue with preventive measures before and after getting vaccinated:
- Wear a mask
- Social distance
- Wash your hands often
- Minimize mixing with other households
For details and up-to-date information about coronavirus, please refer to these credible websites:
There are different parts of Medicare that help cover specific services:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
Part B covers certain doctors’ services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
- Medicare Part C (also known as a Medicare Advantage Plan)
Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called “Part C” or “MA Plans,” are offered by Medicare-approved private companies (like IIH) that must follow rules set by Medicare. Most Medicare Advantage Plans include drug coverage (Part D). MA Plans are an “all-in-one” alternative to Original Medicare.
- Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage)
Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs (including many recommended shots or vaccines).
When you join a IIHCP Community Choice (HMO) Plan by IIH, you still have Medicare. This bundled plan includes Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance), Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance), and Medicare drug coverage (Part D).
IIH Community Choice Plan is available in Fresno, Kern & Tulare counties.